Sunday, June 22, 2008

Butterfly landings....

I couldn't help but go back to a couple of my favourite pictures from the butterfly conservatory. I know they're not prize winners but, for me, they speak volumes about the man I love.

From the moment we walked through the doors, until we left, butterflies were constantly landing on my Barry and staying there.


Now it was common for someone to have the odd butterfly land on them and some people were not so fortunate. Barry was like a butterfly magnet. It really was funny to watch.

But in a strange way, I have to think it's just who Barry is. He has such a quiet calm energy; not like anyone I've known.

It's funny how we can find our validation in something as beautiful as butterflies. If ever I know I got it right, this is it.

Funny thing is....for the most part, as they were landing on him; he was just busy...taking pictures...totally unaware...just being.

No comments: